Fuji Palisade Honest Review – Is It Still Worth It or Not?
Last Updated on
Fuji Palisade is a commuter or city or a road bike. Of course, it is a pretty decent vintage bike from a renowned and quality maker; Fuji. It’s an 80’ model what was released in the market until 1991.
Originally released in 1986 and there were six versions of it!
This bike is packed with good quality components as the Suntour components and down tube mounted shifters, among others.
As of today, Fuji Palisade is still popular. It is not high end, but the decent quality bike.
You may have one for you at a yard sale or an auction or from a user.
This classic bike comes with a 12 speed, which was pretty decent at that time.
If you buy from a yard sale, you may need to pay only about USD 35. However, some seller may ask for a higher price, say USD 50, based on locations and the condition of the bike.
If you are lucky to have a never ridden bike, you may need to spend around USD 125 to USD 225. Make sure to get an expert and smiley friend who can check all the components of the bike well before bargaining or convince the seller well before setting the price.
Usually, the brake pads may dry out, the tires may be drily rotted, and everything might need to be regreased! So, don’t forget to check the bike!
- Fuji Monterey Review: A Good 10 Speed Road Bike?
- Fuji Absolute 3.0 Review: Get To Know This Bike
- Fuji Sunfire 2.0 Review: Let’s Take It tothe Test
If you want to substitute the tires and brake pads, you might need to spend USD 20 for a pair of tires online and USD8 for brake pads.
Well, for a never ridden excellent conditioned bike, it may worth to pay around USD 200.
Frame Sizes: 19”, 21”, 23” and 25’’
Frame: Fuji Quad Butted VALite “Si 45” tubing.
Fork: Fuji Hi-Ten tubing
Handlebar: Kusuki alloy
Stem: Win Alloy
Wrap: OGK #10 dull
Brakes: DIA Compe Q500N with AC250 Aero Aero levers
Crank Set: SR SXCT-310 42 x 52T alloy
Derailleur Front – Suntour Alpha 300 GT; Rear – Suntour Alpha 300 GX
Cluster: Suntour Perfect 14-28T, 6 Speed silver
Chain: DID Sport Silver/Blue
Pedals: MKS # 11 Steel
Pedals: MKS RT-7
Rims: UKAI 27 x 1 1/8 alloy
Hubs: Sunshine ET alloy wit Q/R
Spokes: Hoshi 14g Unichrome
Tires: SCCR 1000 27 x 1 1/8 gumwall
Saddle: Viscount Pigskin
Seat Pillar: Alloy 220mm with Allen seat pin
Accessories: Water Bottle/cage, Saddle Cover, Spoke Disc Reflectors
Braze-ons: Water Bottle bosses, cable guides
Colors: Agua, Win Silver,etc.
Feature: Color-coordinated saddle cover, “Si 45” channeled tubing, sealed systems, fitted component sizing, AccuShift system
Weight: 26.4 lbs. (Approx.)
- The bike is quite comfortable to ride. Many riders till today getting such experiences.
- The frame is nice and solid! With some recommended modifications, you will be in good hands.
- Fuji Palisade is quite a dependable and durable bike. You can ride this bike for years, if not decades. We believe you would agree with us well when you own a bike.
- The components and accessories are available with online sellers such as the eBay, yet the quantity might not be huge.
- If you are lucky, you are likely to have all the original parts with a vintage bike!
- Most of the components are quite decent and made by well-known and reputed brands.
- You may need to replace brake pads, tires, housing or cables, stem shifters.
- You should get those from eBay.
- The cost might be, a pair of tires USD 20, lined housing or cables USD 15, bar type USD 6, down tube shifters USD 25, brake pads (gray matter blocks) USD 15, brake hoods (Dia Compe Cane Creek Repo in gum) USD 11.
- You may need to replace brake hoods, shifters, tires, rim tape, and derailleur cable as a regular process.
- The Fuji Palisade might not be the best handling and featured bike out there as tons of quality bikes available in the market now. Still, if you would like to enjoy the ride of a classic bike or refresh your age-old memory, this bike might be one of the best choices!
- The bike possibly is an entry level bike with some decent components such as the Frame, Derailleur, and Cluster – to name a few.
- Even you may need to get rid of “suicide brakes”, replacing with new brake lever and pads.
These days, Fuji bikes are sold for quality, innovation, value, and performance. The build quality, durability, locks, dependability might be the selling points of Fuji Palisade.
So, if you care for those, you need not regret having one for you!
Again, the price talks! If the quality of the bike is nice enough, you will need a bit tuning, and you are getting a Fuji bike within USD 50- USD 100, that would be great!
Not to worry much, get one Fuji Palisade and ride your dream!