Fuji Monterey Review: A Good 10 Speed Road Bike?
Last Updated on
Fuji Monterey Road Bike is a vintage bike what landed on the market in the year of 1980. This bike was produced and delivered to the market by Fuji until 1991.
As of today, Fuji Monterey Road Bike is still popular. You may have one at a garage sale or an auction.
This classic and shiny bike comes with a 10 speed, which was pretty decent at that time.
If you buy from a garage sale, you may get it at only USD 35 to USD 50 depending on your location and the condition of the bike.
However, in case of an auction, you may have it as low as USD 5 with a good shape! Kinda unbelievable, right?
A direct user, on the other hand, may ask a higher price as USD 100 to USD 200 for a second-hand Fuji Monterey Road Bike. For a well-maintained bike, this price may worth well!
Nevertheless, you can always exercise the bargaining option without any reservation,and you might get a bike with the tip-top condition at a great price!
Frame: The frame is available in different sizes as the 19”, 21”, 23” and 25’’ for men. The ladies’ size is 20” (73’ x 73’). It is made of Fuji VALite butted 414 tubing.
Front Fork: High Tension steel tubing.
Handlebar: Nitto Olmpiade B111 Manganese steel bar with cotton tape.
Stem: Young Alloy Stem.
Brakes: DIA Compe 500 side pull with Q.R. and Dual Levers. Ladies’ 730 side wall.
Crank Set: Sugino DNFC-1 42 x 52 T, 170 mm cotter less steel cranks with chain guard.
Derailleur Suntour. Front – Spirt, Rear – Seven, Shifter – UB-10.
Rear Cluster: Suntour Perfect (14, 14, 19, 24, 28T), 5 Speed
Chain: HKK ½” x 3/32”
Pedals: MKS # 11 Steel
Rims: UKAI Steel 27” x 1 ¼” high pressure.
Hubs: Sunshine Front – MAS, Rear – MAH small flange forged alloy.
Spokes: Wing Star # 14 Steel
Tires: Silver Star 27” x 1 ¼” 95 PSI gumwall
Saddle: Fujita Anatomical DR17AB, Ladies’ DR17AB
Seat Pillar: Alloy, Cr-Mo Allen key binder bolt
Accessories Steel Spoke Disc, Cat Eye Reflectors
Color: Red, Ice Blue, Silver, Black, etc.
Weight: 29 lbs (Men) and 29 lbs. (Ladies) (Approx.)
- The bike is quite comfortable to ride. Many riders till today getting such experiences.
- The fit and finish of the Fuji Monterey Road Bike are solid and quite nice! It seems that Fuji made a very nice bike.
- When it comes to dependability, Fuji Monterey Road Bike shines. We believe you would agree with us well when you own a bike.
- The brakes of the bike can be adjusted to function with 700C rims if you wish to replace the steel rim with aluminum one!
- You are likely to have all the original components and a vintage bike!
- The derailleursare madebySuntour, one of the prominent brands and cycle accessories manufacturers of the world.
- A Fuji Monterey Road Bike obtained through garages sale or auctionmay look filthy and old. The bike mayseem to cover with brown “rust”.
- No worries! They may be easily cleanable by wiping with a cleaning rag as they are likely to be sawdust, which turned into brown. Eventually, you can expect to get a shiny bike!
- You may need to replace tires, rim tape, and derailleur cable as a regular process.
- The Fuji Monterey may not be the best handling bike as of its aging. With proper care and tuning, you may expect to have a good or even a decent and smooth bike!Who knows!
- The bike possibly is a low-end and entry level bike as the chrome, stem shifters, and steel handlebars suggest.
- The rims are made and manufactured by UKAIRM. It may not be desirable to you, but you might get that as in nearly new condition, shiny and bright.
- To improve braking, you may also need to replace brake lever and pads.
Regarding build quality, Fuji Monterey Road Bike might be one of the great bikes till date. When it comes to speed, it is also a good choice.
Whatever your buying option is, if the condition of the bike is good to go and a few numbers or minor replacement is a need, it might worth to have one.
Thus, Fuji Monterey Road Bike is one of the reliable and dependable bikes to own! So, happy riding a vintage bike!
- Goes on wet and sets up with a dry 'wax-like' synthetic film that helps keep your chain clean by not absorbing excessive amounts grit, grime, or dust.
- Our most popular, most versatile bicycle chain lubricant.
- ALL YOUR FAVORITE STATS: Displays current, max, and average speed, total distance, trip distance, elapsed time, pace arrow, and clock.
- DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STOPS: Caught at a red light? Stopping for coffee? We've got you covered. Your CatEye computer knows when you've stopped and automatically stops counting time and averaging...
- SAFETY FIRST! This reliable well-built bicycle lighting kit makes you easy to be seen by motorists. Don't risk danger by riding in the dark. Drivers cannot see you! The flashing modes will grab their...
- HIGH-QUALITY! The torch is made of solid aluminum and reflector by rugged ABS plastic. It won't rust or corrode. This cycling light bundle will not only keep you safe and illuminate your path it will...