Cannondale Adventure 400 Review: Read This Before You Buy
If there’s a bike that is comfortable and totally versatile, it is the Cannondale Adventure 400. It is a top-notch bike for the all-in-one lover who’s not only expecting quality in construction and excellent performance but also a durable & reliable bicycle.
Everything from the frame up to the smallest of components, the Cannondale Adventure 400 provides superior strength and reliable performance. However, as any other bike out there, it also comes with a few downsides.
Want to know more about it? Keep reading and let yourself see what this fabulous bike offers!
Advantages of the Cannondale Adventure 400
Strong Built Overall
The first and maybe most important feature of the Cannondale Adventure 400 is how strong it is put together. From the T6 aluminum frame up to every component, the bike is made to resist all types of shocks, go over any bump, and merely provide the strongest performance no matter where you use it.
This makes it not only for lower maintenance but also a lot more reliable when using. Wherever you go, the Cannondale Adventure 400 will help you have a worry-free ride.
Gearing For Everyone
On top of being a solid bike, the Cannondale Adventure 400 is also straightforward to use. Not only it helps everyone to have an easier control over the bike, but it also helps to change gears & speeds accordingly.
Even the most inexperienced rider will feel like managing the easiest of bikes. And what’s even better, it helps to make fast-tracking, long-distance rides and even climbing a lot more comfortable with its gearing.
A sturdy construction is also a durable one. Despite being highly reliable, the bike is also one of the most durable. Not only it helps to have security when using it at any time, but it also holds long-time durability for those users who are not thinking of getting a new one soon.
From the Aluminum T6 Adventure frame, up to the SRAM SX5 shifters, and even the TruVativ IsoFlow 3 crankset, alongside the Cannondale Earth rims, hubs, and brake – you will receive a long-lasting bike for all your rides.
According to most users, it is capable of lasting up to 20 years (or more) with proper maintenance and careful riding.
Perfect for Long-Distance Rides
Being robust, durable and reliable immediately make a bike much better for long-distance riding. Yes, the Cannondale Adventure 400 is the ideal bike if you’re thinking of going on a few days of biking to the country, mountain or just on the road.
Thanks to its superior reliability and overall sturdy construction, you can be sure that the bike won't let you down, regardless of the long ride you take.
Disadvantages of the Cannondale Adventure 400
Really Heavy Built
For being much stronger and reliable than most, you immediately get a much heavier product as well. There’s no doubt about the long-lasting performance and incredibly strong frame the Cannondale Adventure 400 has, yet this all goes to the weight & manageability.
The heaviest the bike, the harder it is to control. Especially during fast tracks or downhill riding, the bike may feel a lot harder to use. That’s why most users recommend using it mostly for calm rides on the streets or the road. Off-road riding may not be the easiest with the Cannondale Adventure 400.
For being heavier, this bicycle is also a little uncomfortable.
However, it all comes down to the shape of the frame. With a smaller rear part of the bike, it is common to find it much more “upright,” meaning that bikers may find it uncomfortable during long rides especially.
If competition bikes make riders incline a lot more, it’s because it is more comfortable and easier on their back. The Cannondale Adventure 400 does not offer that advantage. But it is not entirely uncomfortable, as long as you are not a super tall person, the bike is still comfortable enough for going around the city.
Cannondale Adventure 400 – Full Specs
- Frame: Aluminum T6 Adventure
- Weight: 32lbs
- Frame Angles: 71.0 head, 75.0 seat
- Sizes: 18’’, 20’’, 22’’, 24’’
- Colors: Black, Silver
- Fork: Manitou Luxe Comp
- Brakeset: Cannondale Earth V-brakes
- Handlebar: Cannondale Adventure
- Seatpost: Polygon PM-780, suspension
- Saddle: Selle Royale Gel Shock
- Headset: 1 1/8inch threaded aluminum
- Stem: Adjustable rise
- Shifters: SRAM SX5 Twist shifters.
- Headset: 1 1/8" threaded aluminum
- Crankset: TruVativ IsoFlow 3-Speed 28/38/48 teeth
- Derailleurs: SRAM SX4
- Cassette: SRAM 5.0 – 8-Speed
- Hubset: Cannondale Earth
- Pedals: Wellgo Resin
- Tires: 700 x 38c IRC Advantage Pro
- Rims: Cannondale Earth
- Additional Features: Quick-Release Seat Post – Quick-Release Wheels
Is the Cannondale Adventure 400 Worth It?
Finding the right bike feels like an impossible job when you don’t know what you’re looking for. But if what you’re looking is a long-lasting, reliable, and robust bike – then the Cannondale Adventure 400 is what you need.
Is it worth it? Yes, there’s no doubt how good the Cannondale Adventure 400 is, a bike that will take you anywhere without giving you problems. A low-maintenance bike at the mid-end spectrum that offers a high-end performance.
Remember, however, that it is not the most comfortable or the easiest to manage. Yet, if you don’t intend to do any over-the-top riding – this bike can be the perfect one for you.
- TORAY T700 Carbon Fork, Aluminium Alloy Frame and Handlebar - It’s a lightweight and stiff aluminium alloy road bike at 10.3kg (22.7lb), also designed to offer a bit more compliance.
- Newest SHIMANO Speed Control - SHIMANO SORA R3000 2*9 Speeds with Shifter lever, Front derailleur, Rear derailleur - It enables you to start and operate your ride effectively, smooth shifting and...
- Front and rear daul disc brakes make brakes more sensitive
- Aluminum alloy wheels and magnesium alloy wheels for your choice
- The DAHON Advantage - DAHON is the undisputed champion of folding bikes. Join our family of millions of cyclists powered by our leading technology.
- Adjustable Handlepost & Seatpost - Equipped with forged alloy radius telescope with fusion technology, the handlepost and seatpost can be adjusted to give you greater comfort.